[Amcd-aapi] Resignation of VP

Hyun, June jhyun at spu.edu
Tue Nov 26 11:02:12 PST 2019

Hello AMCD-AAPI Community,

As of July 2019, the membership of AMCD elected me to serve again as the Vice President of Asian American Pacific Islander Concerns Group.
I am writing all of you today to thank you for the trust you showed in me and sadly to tell you that I have decided to resign from the position effective immediately.

According to the AMCD by-laws,
If any Vice-President is unable to finish a term for which s/he was elected, the Ethnic Interest Group the individual represents shall within 90 days select a replacement by a predetermined process of their choice, to serve until the next regular election, and notify the Council of this person's name, address, phone number and email.  In the event the Ethnic Group is unable or fails to elect or appoint a replacement within 90 days, one may be appointed by the Executive Council to serve until a new election can be held.

I would like to recommend Monica Band as the successor. I have communicated with Drs. Taunya Tinsley and Monica Band. Please understand that I have made my decision after a great deal of contemplation and would like to serve AMCD in the future in some other capacities. And please support and welcome Monica for VP of the AAPI Concerns group.

If you support this decision, please simply respond to this email by saying "yes" until the end of December. If not, please say, "no."

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

June Hyun

Jung (June) Hyun, Ph.D.
She/Her/Hers; what is this?<https://www.mypronouns.org/what-and-why/>
Associate Professor, Chair, Director of Clinical Training (2019-2020)

206.281.2671
Jhyun at spu.edu<mailto:Jhyun at spu.edu>

Department of Counselor Education
School of Education, Suite 202