[Amcd-aapi] 1/23 meeting summary

Hyun, June jhyun at spu.edu
Mon Jan 28 15:54:12 PST 2019

Hell the AMCD-AAPI community,
I hope you are doing well.
In the 1/23 meeting, Lawrence and I were present, and we discussed the action steps that we need to take as the AAPI Concerns Group.
We reflected that we have created a FB space and a communication tool to connect in the group, but have not done much for the community research and support as we planned.

Lawrence brought up that May is the Asian American Pacific Islander Awareness month. Here's the government website: https://asianpacificheritage.gov/

Maybe we can do different things every week in May to celebrate APAH.
One of the things can be a webinar for AAPI heritage.
In another week, we can have a photo contest with # (hashtag) to promote Asian American Pacific Islander heritage.
We also thought about connecting with other organizations (such as APA) and whoever is interested in this. The following link is a google doc for saving our work and ideas: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jfwichfWWO9HzI4Sov-6xzvhJjyEmZZJhZj2hWETAqo/edit?usp=sharing
Please feel free to add what's needed for this wonderful opportunity to get involved in the AAPI.

We have a zoom meeting on Feb 18th. https://spu.zoom.us/j/823183956 if you are available, please feel free to join us.

Thank you for reading this and let me know if you have any questions!

June

Jung (June) Hyun, Ph.D.
She/Her/Hers; what is this?<https://www.mypronouns.org/what-and-why/>
Associate Professor, Chair, Interim Director of Clinical Training (2018-2019)

206.281.2671
Jhyun at spu.edu<mailto:Jhyun at spu.edu>

Department of Counselor Education
School of Education, Suite 202