[Amcd-aapi] We met in Chicago

Hyun, June jhyun at spu.edu
Tue Oct 10 17:06:21 PDT 2017

Hello all,
It's really nice meeting many of you at ACES in Chicago last week.
For those who were not able to make it, you were with us in spirit!
Almost 10 people showed up on such short notice. It was very productive.
We introduced ourselves, and talked about one of Asian faculty's experience at her institution.
After that, Rita suggested several missions. :) Thanks Rita for your ideas!
The followings are the ideas that we come up with during the meeting.

1.       Create AAPI interest network in ACES.

2.       Create AMCD funding for AAPI scholars

3.       Create a space for resources, articles, CV, directory, research interest spreadsheet, etc. - maybe google or one drive

4.       Meet online monthly

5.       Create Mentorship in AAPI

6.       Convert our proposals that were rejected by ACA conference to webinars

I will send out doodle soon for a meeting in November.
In the meantime, please respond to this email indicating your interest and involvement.
You can also share your ideas as well.

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you soon!

June

Jung H. Hyun, Ph.D., LMHCA, NCC
Associate Professor & Chair, Counselor Education
School of Education<http://www.spu.edu/academics/school-of-education>
Seattle Pacific University<http://www.spu.edu/>

Phone: (206) 281-2671
Email: jhyun at spu.edu<mailto:jhyun at spu.edu>